Friday, October 12, 2007

Some Inflection

Some inflection - well I don't think I'm as nice as I used to be; actually, I catch myself being rather cold lately. Not with everyone but the number of people I am my kinder, gentler self with is diminishing. Maybe it's part of my growing up - I always envisioned that become harder was an extension of allowing bitterness to catch up with age - hell, I hope not.

Trying on working on myself of late is very exhausting, but it's something that we all have to keep doing right up until the big goodbye, so tired or not I clock in and do my time.

I keep being told I carry others' weight too much and am a slight overburdened (which I admit I sometimes DO and jump in where not needed); however, I think it's our job to alleviate one another's loads where we see fit and capable. To watch those we care about struggle with a load of bricks while we prance about with an ounce of sand is a hardness that, should I ever develop it, marks the end of our/my humanity. I admit though, it'd be nice to hand over a few of my bricks every now and again - but wishing or wanting that isn't productive to getting from HERE to THERE and THERE is where I want to be so c'est la vie (sorry if it's spelled wrong).

Okay let me finish this pile and that pile so I can vamoose outta here at three - I feel like feeling the air on my cheeks.

So, Peace

No comments: